Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Vegetable Panini


I have been struggling to lose weight for nine years now, and no matter what I do, I did not lose weight at all. Strangely though, when I moved here in Kansas, I lost twelve pounds so I am now 125 lbs. My goal is simply to be healthy. Really. I want to lose weight so that I can be healthy. I have so many things to do, travels to embark, and dreams to be fulfilled. I need to be healthy to realize them.

In my quest for health, I found this recipe from the Naan bread wrapping and I decided to try it. Since I do not have a Panini maker machine, I just baked it. My daughter and son, who are picky eaters, actually liked it. There will be leftover ingredients, so keep it for zucchini and eggplant omelet.







Recipe:

1 or 1/2 tbsps olive oil or any cooking oil
Salt to taste
Pesto (optional)
1 small zucchini
10 or small thin sliced egg plant
1 medium size tomato
1 medium size onion
4 slices of swiss cheese
5 leaves or more basil leaves (optional - replaceable with cilantro)
1 Naan bread or flat bread

Directions:

Saute' zucchini and eggplant until soft
Prepare oven at 350 F
When zucchini and eggplant are soft and cold,  lay the Naan bread flat on a baking cookie.Arrange the zucchini and eggplant on top.
Add tomatoe, onions,basil and swiss cheese.
Cover the other part of the Naan Bread
Bake until cheese melts

Serve and Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment