Thursday, August 29, 2013

Summer Fruit Salad



I am not sure if I should post this summer fruit salad recipe because I presume everybody knows how to do this. But since I have a  ripe mango, peaches, banana and avocado sitting in the counter screaming at me, I decided to do this anyway. But my family have been enjoying this dessert whenever summer fruits are available.

 I learned  how to do this through my mom. When we had a lot of fruits in the house, my mom just whip this up, put a little ice and condensed milk, and we had our dessert. Though you can substitute condensed milk with honey, I highly vote against it because truly, it is the condensed milk that make this salad extra tasty. 


You can also add in ice or you can chill this.But usually, my children just devour this without it making to the fridge. You can also add lemon but it is still okey without it.It is up to you what to decide.


When I first came here, there were some fruits that I was not aware that even existed. Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries  were stranger to me. Apples were also very rare in my country so I had a some kind of culture shock or rather " fruit shock" when I arrived.When we moved here in the Midwest,  tropical fruits are rare sometimes, so I have used this recipe with various fruits  that are in season.So make this with strawberries, blueberries or raspberries and add in condensed  milk and you will have your yummy dessert.




Ingredients:

1 avocado
1 banana
1 peach
1 mango
1 to 2 tbsp condensed milk or honey
Cubes of ice (optional)
1 tsp lemon (optiona)

Directions:

Slice the fruits into small pieces. Put in a small bowl then add in condensed milk. Mix gently so as not to make the fruit soggy.

Serve and Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment