Sunday, September 1, 2013

Baked Egg plant/ Living In A Home With My Husband




We have moved so much in the past two years that I do not feel I am settled. It is embarrassing to say that it has been a year that we've lived in this new state, yet I still have so many things to put away, arrange and keep track on. Life sometimes gets me too much that focusing on the mundane things beyond what I can see get into the sideline. I just tend to focus on what in front of me, right now. For example: putting away dishes, doing laundry, children's homework, putting away mess in the bedroom and in the living room,and cooking meals. Beyond that, I choose to ignore them for my own sanity.There is one thing, however, that bothers me yet I refuse to acknowledge. Dirty bathrooms. I know, I am not suppose to be talking about this, since this is a food blog. But this just filled me with embarrassment this morning, that I have to share.

I have a very bad relationship with dirty bathrooms, yet in my own house,  no matter how dirty it becomes, I refuse to look at it and I choose to ignore it, pretending there is nothing wrong with it. I use it, but I hate cleaning it, so the responsibility goes to my husband. I am good at maintaining the other parts of the house, but with regards to BR, forget about it. I do not know if there are people who like cleaning bathroom, but I am not one of them. My husband, I am not sure if he likes cleaning it, but certainly his tolerance capacity with regards to dirty BR are shorter than mine so he ends up cleaning it.


This morning, I woke up and the bathrooms have been noticeably clean.I felt plague with guilt. Why, because the bathroom is clean. Let me explain. I am a housewife and as a housewife, I have to do everything with regards in maintaining the house including BR. For known reason, I get past the guilt and get over it. I sometimes try to make up of the trouble he underwent  by doing some stuff for him like learning to mow the lawn or preparing his breakfast.These appease me a little bit. Also, just because I am a housewife does not mean I have to do EVERYTHING. Yup, hubby brings the dough but I am queen. Queens does not have to clean bathrooms, right?

Ok. Before you guys get totally grossed out, I am sharing with you a recipe that is so simple yet tasty. If you planted some tomatoes this summer, this might be the perfect recipe to throw your tomatoes in.
When my husband announced that he is planting tomatoes, I am kind of hesitant about it because Midwest heat is just too hot. I do not think any plants will survive. Yet it did, so I have some tomatoes to use up. I still have some tomatoes to use for the cucumber that my husband's colleague gave him, so we are having cucumber salad this afternoon as well.

Baked Eggplant with Tomatoes

1/2 lb eggplant
1/2 lb tomato
3 cloves garlic
olive oil
black soy sauce
pepper and salt to taste

Direction:

Put  vegetables  in the bowl and drench it with olive oil and soy sauce. Mix in a bowl thoroughly and bake for 30 minutes or until eggplants are soft. When it is done, check if the taste is good enough or you can add pepper and salt. Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment