Monday, July 22, 2013

Asparagus with Oyster Sauce




My husband and my son are not really vegetable lovers, so it gets tricky to find out the kind of veggies that will suit their picky palates. This recipe however, is a winner. I do not overcook the asparagus and pepper so as not to lose their crunchiness. The oyster sauce gave this food a salty and sweet taste which gave this viand a kick. I think the oyster sauce is a bit expensive for its small bottle, but since I have seafood mix in the freezer, I can use it for later. I also have some menu in line that uses oyster sauce, so it is worth it.




Ingredients:

1 bunch Asparagus cut into half
1 medium onion
1/2 cup of red bell pepper ( any color of pepper will do)
1/2 lb diced pork
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp of cooking oil
2 1/2 tbsp Oyster Sauce

Direction:

Heat oil. Then add onion. Let the onion cook. You can tell if it turns transparent.
Add diced pork and let it brown in the cooking oil. When the pork turns brown, add water and let it boil until the meat is cook. 
When the meat is cook. add the asparagus and let the asparagus turn lighter green. Do not overcook the asparagus. It is not good when it is not crunchy.
Add bell pepper.
Add oyster sauce.
Let it simmer for one last time .

Serve and Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment