Sunday, July 28, 2013

Fruity Parfait


"Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere."
-Emma Bombeck



 Before,I was one of those people who cannot stop worrying. For me, worry was a motivation to get up and get to work. Without the feeling,  it felt like I did not accomplish anything. I know, it is tragic that this had been my way of life for a really long time.  Only recently had I seen worry as what it is - A WASTE OF TIME.  Although I used worry as a driving force to do my responsibilities, and I actually succeeded in some of them, if I‘d known what I know now, my life could had been smooth sailing, my life more joyful and a life more peaceful.




As I learn, I am now trying to shake off this very bad habit in the form of meditation, acceptance and positive self-talk and most of all, prayer. I now accept completely what life offers me. In any task at hand, I try to give my all and surrender the outcome to the power of the Highest Being. I also list down tasks in a paper and erase it when I get it done. That way, I can look at the end of the day and give myself a pat for a job well done.I also do tasks in small pieces. I prioritize. I do the most important task first and do it one step at a time. I plan and I try wholeheartedly to stick to the plan. Gone are those days when I need to get everything accomplished in one day. This is so cool, huh! I also allow myself to be laxed. I do not beat myself up anymore. When  things are too much for me, I tell myself it is o –k.  There is still tomorrow.


Last and not the least, when things get rough, I LET MYSELF JUST SURVIVE. When I am not doing interesting things that day, I do not feel guilty anymore. When I feel sad, I let myself feel the sadness. Rather that judge the feeling, I look at it as an opportunity to accept my human-ness. I look at it as God’s reminder that I need him. 
Thank goodness for life. There is always a room to grow.

Ingredients:
1 yogurt
1/2 cup strawberry sliced
1/4 cup blueberry
1 banana
Granola of any kind

Direction:
Layer the fruit by putting the strawberry in a glass. Followed by blueberries and banana. Add yogurt then the granola on top. Chill or you can eat it right away. If there's a leftover, add milk and make it a smoothie

Note: If you prefer it to be sweet, add 1/2 tsp of white sugar on the strawberry. As for me, I do not add sugar on it yet I still think it is good.


Serve and Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment