Friday, August 2, 2013

Baked Beef in Corn Flakes

"Your child will follow your examples, not your advice."


I cannot agree more with this quote, yet all the time I fall short from it. I give advice to my children. Every well intentioned mothers do so.  I am doing it because I do not want them to lead a wrong path. I want them to be safe. I want them to be protected from bad influences. I am sure they are tired of listening to me as manifested in their responses, but I have to do it because it is for their own good.

My kids are now in the age when they want to be independent. I noticed that my words do not matter anymore. So I shifted my strategy from words to action. Though I still give them advic, I am  making sure that I vicariously live the words that I say. I eat healthy, I exercise everyday and  I work hard in my studies. I  also try so hard  not to be easily stressed out.I do not say bad words and I show them my faith in God.

I am far from being an excellent mother but I am trying to be a good one. There are things in life that I can change, but the mark I leave to my children lives on, so I am trying my best to leave a good impression. With the daily stresses, it is not easy, but I want my children to see that I am trying my best. I hope that my toil will not be in vain. And I hope and I pray that my children will say that indeed, I am a good mother.





Baked Beef in Cornflakes

Ingredients:

To Coat the Meat:

2 cups crushed cornflakes
1/4 tsp salt
2 pinch of pepper
4 eggs

Marinade:

1 small clove of garlic (crushed)
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 lbs beef thinly sliced

Direction

Place the meat in a deep bowl and put the vinegar and soy sauce. Add in the garlic and toss the meat so that it will be coated by the marinade. Marinate the meat for four hours or overnight.

When you are ready to prepare the meal, crush corn flakes. I usually use sandwich bag and  rolling pins to crush the corn flakes. Put it in a plate. Add salt and pepper to the crushed flakes. Set aside.

In another bowl, scramble the eggs.

To cook:
 Dip the meat into the egg and roll in the cornflakes mix. Continue doing the same to the rest of the meat.

Place in a cookie sheet pan line with tin foil.

Pre- heat oven at 350 F and bake the coated meat. Bake for 25 minutes or until the meat drippings will dry up.

Serve and Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment