Thursday, August 8, 2013

Tofu with Bean Sprout and Peas


"Today is another chance, make the most out of it."


I am so excited today because last night, I got done with my final exams! YEEEEEEYYHEY! I am jumping for joy, literally. I worked like a cow this summer for this class. Looking back, I cannot imagine how I did it. It was one day at a time, I guess. But I got through it Yeheyeeaayyy!!!  Even though I still have a power point project to accomplish, I think that is the easy part. I am planning to turn in the project by Sunday and I am a free woman for at least two weeks, then I will do my clinical. I have not heard anything from the director yet but I am hoping that I will be assigned to a place closer to me. There is a big chance I will be assigned in Texas. Yikes!  I am not really happy being away from my family for two months in a place that is new to me. 

Oh, did you notice the new look of this blog? I think it is so cute. I got this from Raspberry Road Designs. She has an Etsy store.  There still not a lot of content in the pages yet, but I am hoping that anything in it will inspire you just the same. Always check it for updates. Plan is, on Sunday, I am going to update the food page, and during the weekdays I will update the Photograph and Quotes and Random Thoughts pages.


Anyway, our food for today is called Tofu with Bean Sprouts and Peas. I have some left over tofu in the ref and I was thinking about just frying it. Then I realized that I still have some bean sprouts and oyster sauce, so I decided to cook this meal today. I am so glad to say that this is very good that I did not mind eating it without rice. Paired with  the soy sauce which my husband got from his Vietnamese colleague, I am so eager to eat the last strand of the bean sprouts. 



















Ingredients:

1/4 cup bell pepper
1 small onion
1 fistful bean sprout
1/2 cup peas
1 14 oz firm tofu
3 tbsp sesame seed oil for sauteing and 2 tbsp for drenching
3 tbsp of oyster sauce

Directions:

Fry the tofu until golden brown and drain oil with paper towel. Set aside.
Sauté onion. Add pepper and let it cook for 2 minutes. Add bean sprout and drench it with the remaining 2 tbsp sesame oil and  let it cook until soft but still crunchy.
Add the green peas.
Add the tofu to the above mixture and add oyster sauce. Use 2 tbsp of oyster sauce first then add more if it is not tasty enough.

Note: Just make sure that you do not overcook ingredients, since it will be less tasty when the veggies are not crunchy.

Serve and Enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment