Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bowtie Pasta- Sneaky Chef

"You may have to fight a battle more than once in order to win it ."

-Margaret Thatcher


Help! My kids do not like vegetables!

It is challenging to feed my children because they do not like vegetables. They eat only egg with rice or any meat with rice.  Though I have been partly to blame for this, since I did not really train them to eat veggies when they were little, I am in a mission to turn this around.
Since I started staying home and was trying to become a "noble" housewife, I have been concocting recipes that my children will be tricked into eating vegetables. SHHHHHH ! This is just between us, okey? I have been trying to sneak in some vegetables into their meals.

This recipe below is my version of sneaky chef. My son loves this. I chuckle sometimes when he raves about this. Not knowing that garlic, onion, carrots, pepper,veggies he abhor, are present in this meal. I purposely add in the veggies a little  late to so that it will be kind of raw when they eat it. I also mince the ingredients so that it will not be obvious.








Ingredients:

Whole Grain Bowtie Pasta
1 1/2 lbs chicken breast ( thinly sliced)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 bulb garlic ( mince )
3 sticks carrot (mince)
1 bell pepper (mince)
1 medium size onion (mince)
1 large bell pepper (mince )
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 24 oz can tomato sauce plus
1 8 oz can tomato sauce


Directions:

Cook bowtie pasta per box's instruction.

Heat oil in a huge pan. Add in chicken and let it brown. Brown each side. Add water. Cover the pan and let the chicken cook.

When the chicken is cook, add in tomato sauce. Add sugar and salt. Let it boil. Add in the pepper, garlic, onion, carrots. Let it simmer. Turn off fire.Pour in bowtie pasta and mix until incorporated into the sauce mixture.

Serve and Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment