Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Egg- Less Vegan Carrot Cake with Apple, Pear, Banana Garnish

You can't be broke and ugly. PICK A STRUGGLE


I just do not feel emotionally well today. I just want to stay in bed and do nothing at all. Could it be because of the weather? Or maybe hormonal imbalances but whatever it is, the feeling is very uncomfortable and painful. Yet life must go on. There was a saying that one should not only survive life but really live it. Today, I chose to survive.


In order to combat this negative emotion, I decided to go to the gym and I  literally pencil roll myself so that I can get off bed. I  saw some friends there and did some exercises and after that, I feel a little better.  Exercise really is a good remedy for  wreck emotions.That is why whenever I have this unpleasant feeling, I always choose to go the gym inspite of any emotional defiance. Prayer and meditation also works well.


Sometimes I wish that life will always be rosy. But when I dig deeper on that thought, it will also be boring because emotional tribulations can sometimes make life colorful; it also helps me become stronger and it makes me a better person. The Bible says, " In your anger ( in my case emotional challenges) do not sin."


Today, I am going to share to you an egg- free carrot cake. It is really good. I did not really see any difference,with regards to taste, from the cake that I make with eggs. this will surely one of the fixture of my recipe lists now.Please try this. Next week I will share to you Classic Carrot Cake - the one with eggs in it. I also used banana, pear and apple as sides for this recipe.



Cake Ingredients:
  1. 1 cup all purpose flour
  2. 1/2 cup brown Sugar ( you can choose to use one the whole cup of sugar instead of dividiing it with honey)
  3. 1/2 cup honey (please see number 2)
  4. 1/2 tsps baking powder
  5. 1/2  tsp baking soda
  6. 1/4 tsp salt 
  7. 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  8. 1 1/2  cups finely shredded carrot
  9. 1/2 cup cooking oil 
  10. 3 tsp Ener G egg replace plus 4 tbsp warm water ( 1 1/2 tsp Ener G egg plus 2 tbsp of water = 1 egg )


  1. For the cake:
  2. In a small bowl, put 3 tsp Ener G egg replace and 4 tbsp of warm water. Mix thoroughly
  3. Mix together flour, sugar,baking powder,baking soda, salt and cinnamon,
  4. Add in carrot, cooking oil, honey. Mix in low for 1 minute.
  5.  Add in the egg replace mixture.
  6. Pour into a greased pan line with parchment paper or dusted by flour.
  7. Check if it is cook in 25 minutes by using a toothpick. If it comes out clean, the cake is cooked.
  8. For Garnish or Toppings ( you can skip this one if you want)

For the Garnish:

1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
Pear, Apple and banana slices

Slice apple or pear and banana into bite size pieces. Place them in the saucepan and mix with 1/8 cup brown sugar, cinnamon ( amount is your choice). Place them in a stove and bring to a boil in a low fire. Continue mixing until the sugar is melted. Place on top of the cake or on the side. I recommend that you you do not put the garnish on each slice rather than the whole cake, because you do not want a gooey left over, unless of course you plan to not leave some left-over.

No comments:

Post a Comment