Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sesame Seed and Walnut Chocolate and My Husband's Wrinkly Shirt

People with good  intention make promises. But people with good character keep them


I saw my husband as he left for work today. The only bad thing when I did that this morning was I saw how wrinkly his shirt was. Oh Gosh! I am essentially the incapable housewife in the world.

I usually do my laundry every Sunday now, and I every time I do it, I make sure that I am around when the clothes are about to dry so that when that dryer beeps, I will be there to quickly hung his clothes are warm so that I do not have to iron his work clothes anymore.

Last Sunday however, I completely forgot about it and when I remember it, it was too late, I got an extremely wrinkled clothes. I went  ahead and hung them anyway hoping that by doing so, it will somehow iron the wrinkles. Obviously, that trick did not help at all. I am not sure if my husband noticed it, but the wrinkles were so clear to me that I feel so sorry for him. Gosh, he looks like a geeky engineer who can't be bothered by his looks. Or he looks like a geek who does not have a woman who cares for him. As of this writing, I still feel so bad about it. Why did I let him leave for work with his clothes as wrinkly as that...


Inspite of my husband's look today, he does have a woman who loves him. And no matter how wrinkly his clothing was, and people may think how lazy he was to not iron that shirt, my husband is the most hardworking person in the world. His clothes did not define him. So I hope people  will not be judge him by his looks. Just like this homemade chocolates I am offering you today. Do not judge these by their looks because it can fool you. Dive in and make this. Don't be like my kids who thinks these look like something... Nothing can make me soooo awake in the morning than crackles in my mouth because of the Sesame seeds incorporated in this homemade choco.


This is a different version of my Spooky Chocolate. I loved it so much that chocolate so much that I experimented and made this new version. I threw in sesame seeds and I used walnuts as main ingredients. You can use your bullet or processor to ground them and off you go. I added 1/2 tbsp sugar because the dried figs were sour. And I only used 2 tbsp of cocoa powder as opposed from the Spooky Chocolates which was 3 tbps. See the Spooky Chocolate recipe here


                         

                        

Sesame Seed and Walnut Chocolate


  1. 2 tbsp cocoa unsweetened powder
  2. 1/2 cup figs
  3. 1/2 cup walnut
  4. 1/2 tbsp of sugar or more
  5. 2 tbsp Sesame seed to mix with the other ingredients

1/4 cup Sesame seeds to coat the chocolates

Direction

Place ingredients 1 - 5  in a processor until thoroughly ground and become sticky. Remove from the processor and form balls. Roll into Sesame seed that are place in a plate. Enjoy!



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment