Thursday, September 19, 2013

10 Minute Meal Project # 3 Sweet and Sour Ground Pork


Kindness is loving people more than they deserve
-Joseph Joubert



Hello! Today is the 3rd 10 Minute Meal Project. I have fun doing this thing because it really surprises me that meals can be prepared so quickly.

This meal is reminiscent of the the sweet and sour fish  my mom prepared before when I was still in the Philippines; only, she used vinegar to create the sour paste and she added some carrots to neutralize the vinegar's sour taste. Boy, I remember how good it was...


When I started this project, I just randomly chose which meal recipes I have to follow, so I did not really know how they will turn out. I buy the ingredients and cook away. Of course I expected the recipes to be good since they were published in the cookbook so I expect good results. They say taste is subjective. The food may be good for you and not good for me. Everyone's taste is different.

After two successes from the 10 Minute Meal recipe book, I was expecting success on this one but I was disappointed with this recipe in terms of taste. The ground pork with pineapple juice plus the bell pepper did not make a good combination for me. The taste  was too sour  and the ground pork was so crumbly and dry.


It is an irony that I place kindness quote on top but I just cannot say something good about this meal, so I do not recommend it to you my friends. Yup, my family ate it, but it sat on the fridge for like three days before I finally have to shove it in my mouth so as not to waste it. I say this post today is pretty useless, unless you want to try it at your own risk. Sorry!



VERDICT:  Fact that you can cook this meal within 10 minutes but the taste was BLAH.


10 Minute Meal Project # 3 Sweet and Sour Ground Pork

1 tbs cooking oil
1 8 oz can pineapple chunks
1 lb lean ground pork
1 bell pepper (sliced in chunks)
1 onion ( sliced into small chunks)

Sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tbsp chopped ginger
2 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp black soy sauce
2 tbsp white vinegar

Drain the pineapple from the can and reserve the juice. Set aside the pineapple.
Put the sauce ingredients in a deep bowl and  whisk in the juice, mix them completely and set aside.

Heat cooking oil in a pan over high heat.
Add the pork and onion and stir fry for about 4 minutes until pork is cooked through.Add in bell pepper and let it cook for two minutes then add in the sauce cook through until the sauce thickens. Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment