Friday, September 20, 2013

Dinner Rolls


Once you chose hope, everything is possible


I am the type of person who likes to plan. I purposely plan occasions  a month, or a week before so that I will not be stressed out or worried. So I plan, and plan , then  plan some more  until I find myself losing some sleep and worry myself out until I am pulling my hair off due to stress... strange, but it worked for me before, until now.

Currently, it looks like my body is not strong enough to handle stress anymore.When I am stressed out, I get sick and I easily gets frustrated. So I decided to use plan Z  ( my A to Y plan was to stress and stress some more) . To relax.

I will give you one example of how ridiculous of a planner I was. My daughter was 10 years old then. It was our daily Sunday church service and I was surveying the church for boys that I plan that will become my son in law. I have to knock my head off and tell myself , "Gosh your daughter is only 10 years old, get a grip!"



You may never believe how crazy it is, but this is true: Three years ago, the biggest price for lotto history was 320 million. I had never bought  lotto ticket ever in my life but this time, I tried my luck. I happily told my husband that I bought a ticket and I got so excited about it. That night, I was thinking what will I do with the money if I win. The night passed to wee hours and  there I was, awake with my eyes popping out due to tiredness, yet I was worrying whether I will put the money in the bank or not, or, what will happen to my win if the bank goes bankrupt. When I told a friend about it, she laughed so hard thinking I was crazy. I thought I was crazy too.


Of course, I did not win that lotto price but  those experiences reminded me how futile and planning wrongly can make me miserable. So now, I am trying to protect myself. I protect myself from futile plans by these Bible verses:
For I know well the plans I have for you. Plans to give you hope and a future.
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
If God is for us, who can be against us.

When I go lazy, this is my verse:
Those who do not work do eat

Pinterest quotes help me out too when I am in  futile planning rampage. They have really cool quotes there.




What is futile planning by  the way?


For me, planning is great when done right . The Bible says, " to plan and watch our steps."  But sometimes, I take planning to the extreme that even little "dot and commas" of my life's path have to be PURRR- FECT!  These caused countless sleepless nights and missed meals, which I totally regret.









To be honest, I am thankful that so many of my plans did not work out. Because it is humbling. It reminds me that some things are just beyond my control.



Perfect example of this is my plan to switch from stay at home mom to a working mother.I promise you, I did everything I could to be qualified for the workforce again, but for some reasons that I cannot fathom,  it just did not work out for me.It looks like I am bound to be a stay at home mom for now. I will know the reason why I have to be here when I am able to pass through this crossroad. As Apple founder Steve Jobs said:

"You cannot connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in the future."

Now, I am throwing the towel on planning about my life. I said, I surrender, God. I will keep on doing what is right and do  things the best I  could. Whatever the outcome might be, I refuse to worry about it. I learned that life will always be uncertain no matter what. Having accepted this, I feel free!  I tell my children to work hard and do your best and God will do the rest.

How about you? How do you handle worries? Stress? Tell me your crazy experience about worry. Please leave a comment.


Anyway, I  am making rolls today. I planned and planned about this, I re- read the instructions so many times so that there will be no room for failure. The good thing about this rolls, they are not similar to life. This roll is certain to be a success if you follow the instruction because it did for me. So here it is, my another success in baking.

Being a novice baker, I do not have the guts to experiment with regards to bread. That is why I am baking this roll as early as now to prepare myself for Thanksgiving. I want to make sure I will not make mistake on this bread on  Thanksgiving day  dinner. Boy I say this is a success. This rolls are soft, fluffy and most, the taste is way better that the store bought ones. The kids and their friends gobble it up like there was no tomorrow. So please practice this now so that you will not be scrambling around when Thanksgiving comes.I promise you this rolls are really good, that  you will be making more of these before Thanksgiving Day. By then, you will become an expert.

                                           

                                       












Dinner Rolls

Ingredients:
  • 2 sachets yeast ( I use fast rise yeast the one where you do not dissolve in water )
  • 6 cups bread flour
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 1 1/4 cup warm milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup melted butter ( 1 stick)
  1. Grease a bowl with oil. Set aside
  2. Place ingredients 1 to 4 in a bowl. And whisk to mix the ingredients.Set aside.
  3. Put egg, sugar and butter in the mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly until sugar is dissolve. Add the bread flour and salt mixture then add slowly the warm water and warm milk. Mix using dough hook. Mix until the mixture is soft and elastic. Place in the prepared greased bowl.
  4. If you think the dough is sticky, it is fine.
  5. Cover with plastic wrap or damp cloth and put it in warm place until dough doubles. About an hour.
  6. After an hour, punch the dough and put in a floured surface. Coat your hand with flour and divide the dough into 24 pieces or a size of a gold ball.Arrange them in a slightly grease baking pan and let it rise again in a warm place for another hour.
  7. Bake in Pre heated oven in 375 F for 25 mins or until the top is golden color.
  8. Serve and Enjoy.
Notes
I use fast rise yeast the one where you do not dissolve in water Tips to make the dough rise: Heat oven to at 220 F for 1 minute then turn off. This will become the warm place where I let my dough rise. Place the dough there for one hour. Do the same if the oven is not warm anymore when you have to do it for the next 1 hour Adapted from Heart of Mary blog check here

















No comments:

Post a Comment