Tuesday, September 24, 2013

5 Things to Do When You are Bored

Sometimes, the smallest step in the right direction ends up the biggest step of your life. Tip toe if you must but take the step.

Today, I am going to share to you my ideas on how to overcome boredom. I am no expert but these are just my ways on beating the dark word " boring ."

My pastor when I was in college said that bored mind is the playground of the devil. Knowing this, I try as much as I could not to be idle. I am not always successful, for sure. There are times that I am just so bored I feel like going to town and dance on the streets. I remember one time, I was sooooooo bored I asked Google Search : WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARE BORED?


Try it yourself, right now, search Google on the topic random things to fight boredom and you will see millions of suggestions on how to fight it. I guess there are a lot of people who are also bored like me. There are good suggestions and bad ones and there are crazy ones. I listed some of these suggestions below.


Some suggestions Google search recommended:

  1. Blink wildly - I decided this will not work for me because I wear contact lens
  2. Bite your toenails - uhh I only have enough toenails to bite?
  3. Plant a tree - well, I do not really have a room for tree in my backyard
  4. Use mind power - what ? how do you do that?
  5. Scratch myself - uhhh where?
  6. Pretend to be a car I guess this is a good idea. I do not have to pay car payments, right?
  7. Get yourself nauseated - this is a no, no, no, for me. I do not want to inflict pain on myself! No way!
  8. Invent a wild twitch - A big no. I do not want to look spastic.


Contemplating on these suggestions, I decided to find boredom solutions my own way. One that really fit my personality. So these are Boredom Fighting Ideas I came up with.

5 WAYS TO FIGHT BOREDOM
  1. Write a blog. Since I started writing this blog, I have never been bored. I got so busy cooking the food, taking pictures of the food  and  thinking about what articles to write in my food blog that I have no time for boredom.You do not have to write a food blog. If you like fashion, blog about it. If you have a cute cat, blog about it. If you want to break up with your boyfriend because he is too boring, blog about that too. Blogging does not cost anything. Check Blogger and Word press. They have various ways and instructions on how to start your own blog for free. In my case however, I opened a (dot) com blog name www.easytocookmeals.com, so I had to pay for that. But you can simply open a blog for free. This blogspot account I am writing this on, is free. 
  2. Learn Photography. You do no have to have a fancy camera to learn photography. You have a digital camera which I am betting you are using automatically. Try to set it in manual setting and see what you can learn from it. 
  3. Plant something. I did not plant an apple tree, but I planted herbs inside the pot. I arranged them in one of the corners in my house and I  watered it away. Unfortunately, none of those herb plants I planted survived. But currently, I have five ornamental plants that are still alive. When you want freshness and life inside your home, real plants surely accomplish that.



4. Volunteer. I did this and I just felt great about myself. Just  knowing that you are contributing your time and talents for a good cause surely boost your energy. I opted to volunteer to a shelter here in our state. It is a shelter for those families who are evicted from their houses or families who lost their jobs. They have nothing to stay. I volunteered to bake cakes for the kids' birthdays. Good thing I do not have to do it everyday, but it is sure to be good way to fight boredom. I also volunteered to a feeding program where I distributed food for the homeless.

5. Open an Etsy Store. If you have a little bit of skills on something, why not open an Etsy store. I do not recommend it that much because maintaining an online store gets to be expensive, but I did this 4 months ago. I eventually got tired of it and closed it. But it served its purpose. I was not bored at that time.

6. Go to the gym. I know. I said 5 ways to fight boredom, but this trick really helped me. Join group classes in the gym. You will find new friends and it will make your body rip. Though my body is still far away from being rip, that Zumba class, ooh la lala. It is is fun.

If you  think that these suggestions do not work for you, try the Google suggestions I wrote above and let me know how it goes.

How about you? How do you fight boredom?


Again, it is the 10 Minute Meal Project. I chose this since I have Parmesan an chicken breast in the ref. I misread the recipe though, instead of using two chicken cutlets,  I used 1 1/2 pounds. I  realized this halfway into cooking when  I said, " There is no way this is 10 minute meal, I have been frying the chicken cutlets for almost 30 minutes. " Then I re read the recipe ....

Verdict: I cannot tell how many minutes it was but in term of taste, it was delicious.


10 Minute Meal Project # 4 Chicken with Parmesan and Basil Leaves

Ingredients;


  1. 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
  2. 1 1/2 cup croutons/ can be bread crumbs
  3. 1/2 cup basil
  4. salt and black pepper to taste
  5. 1 1/2 lb chicken cutlets 1/4 inch thick
  6. 1 egg
  7. 3 tbsp cooking oil


Directions:

Mix ingredients 1 to 4. in a flat plate.
Scramble 1 egg in a small bowl
Cut chicken breast into thin slices. Around 1/4 " thickness
Dip the chicken cutlets on the scramble egg then roll it in the cheese mixture. Then fry it in a heated oil.
Fry until golden brown
Do this to the rest of the chicken .Serve with lemon or salad.




No comments:

Post a Comment