Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Rocky Mountain Brownies

When Life Gets Bitter, Eat Sweets
- Me


It is not a very good day today. I haven't heard  about my clinical location yet and class starts next week. I think this is another case of promises made to be broken thing. The director told me, he will arrange my clinical location when I get done with the course but until now, no news. Looks like I will not be able to have my clinical this term.I am not sure if I want this opportunity or not but nevertheless, I am still broken hearted.  Oh well, things does not work as what we plan sometimes. I will just have to mend this broken heart. How else should I do it, bake brownies. The sayings above was knitted by yours truly. It just came up as I was writing this article. I am not sure if it is original or I read it somewhere, but I claim it as mine today.


This brownies was inspired/adapted from my favorite blogger Pinch of Yum  here . I thought, why not try it, it looks really good. Please check out her website. It is amazing. But when you do, please do not forget me, ok?
I am not a brownies fan nor a cake fan. But today is a special day because it is "broken heart day" so I made this brownies. I changed the recipe a little bit. Instead of 1 1/4 cups sugar, I change it to 1 cup. You can go lower if you do not want it to be really sweet. Then I did not include chocolate chips. But it still ,turned out great.


It was very challenging taking these  pictures . Now I believe what other bloggers say that there are non-photogenic foods. Usually, brown foods are difficult to take, they said. This took me awhile to take. It tried different angles and various lightings but these is all I got. What can I say, I am still amateur, I cannot help but get discourage. Uhhhh, not very good thing to do when I am mending my heart ache.


Ingredients:

1 cup minus  1 tbsp All Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini marshmallow
1/2 cup white chocolates

Direction:

Line 8 X 8 baking pan lined with oiled parchment paper. What I do is, I pour in a little oil on the pan then spread it around it then I put the paper.

Preheat oven to 350 F

Mix ingredients 1- 3 in a small bowl. Set aside.
Melt butter in a large pot and remove from heat when completely melted.
While the butter is still hot, add the sugar and cocoa. Thoroughly mix. It will look sticky.
Add in vanilla, egg and egg whites.Mix thoroughly.
Add in the flour mixture. 
Mix to completely incorporate ingredients.
Pour into a 8X8 baking pan. Line marshmallows and white chocolate on top.
Bake until the marshmallow melted and golden brown or when you touch the brownies, it will spring back

Serve and Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment