Sunday, July 14, 2013

Gyros Beef



When we went to Grand Lake, Colorado,  we ate at Eg's  Garden Grill. I ordered their gyros and I was  pleasantly surprised by it. It was delicious. The sandwich was $ 6.50 though, too pricey for me. So when I got home, I immediately copied it with little tweakings of the recipe. I change the lamb to thin sliced beef. It was so filling and  it was also really good. This recipe is for one piece of gyro. You can use the rest of the ingredients for later .

So easy to make yet so good

Yummy! Get ready to get messy :)
Ingredients:

1 slice of thinly sliced beef ( you can get this in you grocery store already sliced )
1 piece flat bread or Pita bread
4 stalks  cilantro or bay leaves
1 medium avocado
1 thinly sliced tomato (In the photo, I used cherry tomatoes)
2 thinly sliced cucumber
2 thinly sliced onion
1 tbsp. Feta cheese
1 tbsp. Sour cream
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cooking oil ( needed if you opt to fry the beef)

Directions:

Rub salt on the beef. Grill or fry beef. Grill or microwave Pita bread ( I just microwave mine, it is faster). Spread sour cream on the bread. Place beef, followed by cucumber, tomatoes onion and feta cheese.

Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment