Sunday, July 14, 2013

Boiled Shrimp


My family loves shrimp so much. We eat it at dinnertime, breakfast or  lunch. We also want the shrimp with its head intact. The head just adds sweetness and unique flavor. Having shrimp for a meal in our family is an extra bonding moment. Since removing the shrimps shell takes time, we cannot help but talk while we eat them. I usually buy shrimps at an Asian market.The whole box costs  $ 29.00 but I divide it to four, so it actually saves me a lot. This recipe today is the last fourth of the box I bought weeks ago. Please note that when you add the salt, add it slowly and taste it on the process. Your saltiness level may be different from mine.

Saute until a turns orange then add a cup of water
Orange and wrinkly shells

I like to eat my shrimp with rice with the juice on the rice. Yummy!

Ingredients:

1 cup water
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder ( optional - I actually drench my shrimp with heaping of onion powder)
1tbsp cooking oil
1 medium size onion ( minced)
1 clove garlic ( minced)
32 pieces of large shrimps with or without head ( yup I counted how many pieces of shrimp)

Direction

Sauté onion and garlic in the pan with cooking oil. Sauté until transparent. Add shrimp and let it sit on the sautéed garlic and onion until some of the shrimps turn orange. Add one cup of water. Add sugar and salt. Drench in the onion powder.  Let it simmer until the shrimp turns orange and shrimp shell turn wrinkly. Usually, around 12 minutes of simmering.


Serve and Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment